Monday 31 March 2014

Petis Four Blouberg Strand

Petis Four Delicatessen Blouberg Strand Cape Town

Walking along the magnificent Cape coast line you cannot help but stare in awe at an incredible landscape with the majestic view of Table Mountain, the white sandy beaches and clear Atlantic Ocean with bubbly waves crashing against rocks and when you’re lucky catch a glimpse of a dolphin or a seal playing in the surf. The air is fresh and crisp, a little chilly this time of year as winter nears its end and spring is welcomed. 

The gorgeous display ... what to choose?
Petis Four is a quirky little cottage right on the seafront. While tourists vie for seats in the small outside area, the locals, with whom the venue is very popular, prefer the sheltered and cosier indoors. I pass this gorgeous little French Patisserie every time Kiara and I go on our walk and I so look forward to popping in for my daily dose of caffeine as I am almost transported into Europe with the tantalising aromas of freshly baked croissants, pies, tarts and cakes all dramatically showcased making it so painstakingly difficult to choose what not to have because it would be preferable to have one of everything..

Savory Cheesecake with broccoli salad
 
I placed my order for my Cappuccino and glanced out the window – being near to the ocean on a daily basis is just as therapeutic as my Cappuccino. The menu is seasonal and caters for everyone’s taste. My personal favourite is the Chicken & Mushroom Savoury Cheesecake with a creamy broccoli salad on the side and I could recommend the Salmon & Baby Spinach Penne Pasta. Decadent treats fill the long display table all freshly baked and all beautifully presented. If you are in a very sweet mood, do try their Red Velvet Hot Chocolate. I have yet to be disappointed as Petis Four is home away from home.

Red Velvet Hot Chocolate
   

Contact Information:
20 Stadler Road, Bloubergstrand, Cape Town
Tel: 021 554 4462021 554 4462

No comments:

Post a Comment