Friday 14 November 2014

Hot, Sexy Camembert & Fig Bake

Hot Camembert & Fig Bake


This recipe I got from Jenny Morris... one of my most loved South African Chefs... she has taught me a lot. This I love to make for lazy Sundays with nice freshly baked bread or crackers and a bottle of Red wine..

You just need 1 firm, not yet ripe Camembert, 250ml mascarpone cheese, 100g Gorgonzola blue cheese, chopped walnuts, sliced preserved figs, honey and toasted pine nuts (you can leave them out if you like and just use the walnuts)

Preheat oven to 200C, split the cheese horizontally and layer mascarpone, blue cheese, and half the walnuts and preserved figs on the bottom half. Close with the top half, drizzle with honey and top with remaining nuts and figs. Bake for 5 minutes. I like to take some toasted pine nuts and throw them ontop..

This is lusciously sexy and rich and you need to have a hot guy with you to feed.

No comments:

Post a Comment